Thursday, June 3, 2010

Coconut Cookies

A saturday night, my husband and I were invited for dinner. By one of our close friend, Roberto(an italian friend). As a gift for Roberto, I decided to make coconut cookies.

I made the cookies, using the American receipt. And added some of the ingredients as I like. I called it as biscotti di cocco (coconut cookies).

1 cup butter 255 gr
1,5 cups granulated sugar 380,5 gr
1 large egg
2 tablespoon water
3 tablespoon lemon extract
2,5 cups flour 630 gr
0,5 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
0,5 cup shredded coconut
almond or peanuts as a decoration

Preheat oven to 180°C, preheat butter. Mixing cream butter and sugar using electric mixer. Then add egg, water,orange extract.
In another container, mix together the flour, salt and baking powder.
Mix all the ingredient all together, batter it. Then after, mix with coconut.
At the end, dough in a very small balls. On the top of each ball put the almond or peanut.
Bake it to 12 - 15 minutes.
at the end, BUON APPETITO!

No comments:

Post a Comment